It is an amazing trek, with complexity level rated as easy to moderate. The trek passes through forests and vast meadows. Rich in flora and fauna, and encompasses a whole paradigm of landscapes, taking you through forests, meadows and snow clad Himalayas. Deoria Tal to Chandrashila Peak trek will start from Ukhimath or may be from Sari village. The trek will pass through Deoria Tal (2387 Meters ), Rohni Buggyal, Burjgali and Tungnath to reach the summit of Chandrashila.
Chandrashila is top of the Tungnath and is located at a height of about 4,000 m above sea level. Chandrashila literally means “Moon Rock”. It is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) above sea level and gives a magnificent view of Himalayas, especially Chaukhamba, Kedar Peak, Nanda devi, Bandar punch and Trisul peaks.
Deoria Tal to Chandrashila Peak Trek Itenary:
Distance- 15 km, Duration- 3-4 day
Day 1: Kathgodam to Sari Village:
On the first day of your Deoria Tal to Chandrashila Peak Trek you will be travelling from:
- Pick up from Kathgodam Railway station .
- Travel by road from Kathgodam to Sari.
- Overnight stay in camps/ guest house at Sari Village.
Day 2: Sari to Deoria Tal:
- The trek for today starts from Sari and and a hike of around 2.5 km takes you to Deoria Tal (2387 Mtrs ).
- The trek would be largely uphill through village and forest. Deoria Tal is the best introduction one can get to the majestic Himalayas.
- The backdrop of Chaukhamba, Neelkanth adds to that the magic of walking in the shades of a dense deodar forest.
- Overnight in Camp.
Also check: Top 25 Treks In Uttarakhand
Day 2: Deoria Tal to Rohni Bugyal:
- We start early walking through a dense green forest of Oaks, Maple, Rhododendrons and crossing a couple of ridges.
- After having a packed lunch at a forest clearing.
- Overnight Camp will be at Rohni Bugyal offers view of Kala Parvat, Chandrashila & Bisuri Tal. [Distance 5 km]
Day 3: Rohni Bugyal to Burjgali:
- The way to meadows of Burjgali [6 km] initially descend through dense forest ridge up to cross a stream where we enjoy a drink from its crystal waters directly coming from Glaciers.
- We then climb up a steep path to reach Burjgali, located in an idyllic setting with beautiful alpine meadows and surrounded by dense forests.
- Overnight in Camp.
Day 4: Burjgali to Tungnath-Chandrashila
- Next morning a well cemented trail awaits you to take you to the highest Shiva temple in the world. Tungnath stands at an elevation 3470 m.
- The trek is filled with blossoming rhododendron bushes all around and the mighty Kedar range in full view throughout.
- Another climb of 45 mins leads us to the summit of Chandrashila peak (3700 m) above Tungnath and later back to Burjgali.
- Overnight in camp.
Day 5: Burjgali-Chopta-Kathgodam
- The trek back to Chopta takes around an hour and finish the trek
- Drive from Chopta to Kathgodam
- Expect to reach Kathgodam by evening
- Enjoy the lovely weather on your journey
- End this tour and head back home with lots memories