Corbett National Park is not your usual vacationing place. Here are Corbett National Park rules and regulation that you must know. When you are in the Jungle in you got to obey the Jungle law. Most of these are pretty basic common sense. Still you should go through them if you are going to the Corbett National Parkt and do not want to get in any trouble.
Corbett National Park Rules and Regulation:
Do’s In Corbett Park-
- Please obtain services of Nature Guides that the Park has trained for your benefit. They are of great help to you in spotting wildlife and ensuring that you do not lose your way in the forest.
- Drive slowly in the Park. In this way you can see, observe and enjoy the most, without disturbing wildlife.
- Keep to the specified roads and trails. Driving off track you may trample growing trees and cause disturbance to resting animals and their young.
- Respect the wild animals and maintain a safe distance from them. Remember, you are in their home and they get first priority.
- Listen to the music of the forest instead of your car stereo or transistor. The quieter you are, the more the chances of your seeing wildlife.
- Help keep the park pollution-free. While inside the park, please put your entire non-biodegradable litter (tin cans, plastic, glass bottles, metal foils etc.) into the bag provided and dispose of it on your way out.
- Wear dull-coloured clothes. Bright colors alarm most wild animals and they flee.
Don’t In Corbett Park-
- Don’t carry guns. Feel free to shoot with a camera instead.
- Do not smoke or light campfires in the forest. Accidental fires can destroy this wonderful jungle in no time.
- Don’t get off your vehicle at any point in the Park except where it’s allowed. This is for your own safety and the safety of wildlife.
- The Park is not a zoo; so don’t expect to see wildlife everywhere. Corbett is breathtaking even in its scenery.
- Do not be disappointed if you don’t see a tiger. There are many other interesting creatures that are to be seen and cherished.
- Having alcohol and non-vegetarian food is not allowed.
“Now these are the Laws of the Jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the Law and the haunch and the hump is — Obey!”
The Law of the Jungle
(From The Jungle Book) by Rudyard Kipling.